Jen's diary

01 December, 2005

My first day of living outside myself

Today, Dec. 01, 2005, is the first day I live outside of my home and being alone all by myself. I used to be surrounded with a bunch of people all the time, and it was just a big challenge for me. Comparing to most of people, especially foreigners, I know its really nothing.

I kept trying to contact the landlord for the depost I should hand in, and at last he showed up after 8 pm in front of my window thats a bit if late since I arrived before 7 pm as we planned. Well, its okay after knowing he isn't used to bring his mobile phone (nobody calls me ...he said that). However, the sounds of TV from my neighbor bothered me a lot. It stopped after one hour or so, and its very silence when the landlord came. I said nothing about it to him as this is my first day.

The landlord was nice to help me make the internet setting. Then, I went out to buy tissues, water and had a bit of porridge. The place where they cook porridge is so noisy!! I cannot understand how would people like to have food there. Maybe it is my problem, so I told myself to try to bear with the noises and then I would be fine... After 10 mins or so, I finally felt better, but still not that like this kind of noisy places. The place I lived with my family has busy streets, but its not this sort of noisy... At least, their porridge is not bad!!

On the way home, I felt more relax. I was so excited not having to wear anything after shower and walked around the room..... Need to put on clothes for this weather though.. Then, I heard some talking from the neighbor and was very certain that the sound insulation is very bad here... this is so far I found annoying, but I am more comfortable now. :) Hope the coming days won't be too bad!! Damn!! They keep talking now and I could hear the talking and laughters very clearly!!! Not sure how it will be if they are going to have something naughty together... I think I will soon move to another place... How come I cannot see through the problem when I rented it??